... Red flag warning remains in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to
6 PM PDT Monday for the western Nevada basin and range south to
* changes... none.
* Affected area... fire zone 453 west central Nevada basin and
range and fire zone 459 Mineral and southern Lyon counties.
* Winds... a strong cold front will bring southwest to west winds
of 15 to 30 mph with gusts 35 to 45 mph beginning this
afternoon and lasting into Monday. Winds in valley locations may
diminish to around 10 mph Sunday night, but mid slopes and
ridges will continue to see strong winds overnight.
* Humidity... minimum 5 to 12% this afternoon, with poor humidity
recovery tonight. Minimum Monday 8 to 20%.
* Duration... 6 to 12 hours. Localized mid slope locations may
see up to 18 hours.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Washoe County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:07 AM PDT Sep. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service