... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight CST /11 PM
* what... mixed precipitation. Additional snow accumulations of up
to one inch and ice accumulations of a light glaze. Winds
gusting as high as 60 mph in the evening.
* Where... eastern Cherry County.
* When... until midnight CST /11 PM MST/ tonight.
* Impacts... plan on slippery Road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. Gusty
winds could bring down tree branches this evening.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
Call Nebraska 511 for the latest Road information.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Cherry Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Statement
Issued: 2:29 AM MST Jan. 17, 2020 – National Weather Service
High Wind Advisory
Issued: 2:34 AM MST Jan. 17, 2020 – National Weather Service
... High Wind Warning in effect from 8 PM CST /7 PM MST/ this
evening to 7 am CST /6 am MST/ Saturday...
* what... northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
* Where... portions of north central Nebraska.
* When... from 8 PM CST /7 PM MST/ this evening to 7 am CST /6 am
* Impacts... damaging winds may blow down trees and power lines.
Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles.
* Additional details... patchy to areas of blowing snow is
anticipated across parts of far north central Nebraska. Minor
impacts will be possible due to blowing snow.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around
trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of
your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if
you must drive.