... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 8 PM PDT this
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM PDT this
* Winds... southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts 45 to 50 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon into early this evening.
* Locations include... Lakeview, Valley Falls, Tionesta, Alkali
Lake, Adel, and the Warner Mountains. Portions of Highway 140
between Bly and the Nevada state line, portions of Highway 395
between Alkali Lake and Davis Creek, a portion of Highway 299
between Alturas and Cedarville, Highway 31 south of Paisley, and
Highway 139 between Newell and Canby.
* Impacts... a Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are
expected with higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use
extra caution. Additionally, loose material such as grass,
brush, and dust is likely to be blown about which could reduce
visibility, at times.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Modoc County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:21 AM PDT Sep. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:35 AM PDT Sep. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning now in effect from 11 am this morning to 8 PM
PDT this evening for strong gusty wind with low rh for fire
weather zones 285... 624 and 625...
* impacts: strong, gusty wind with low relative humidity and high
fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new
and existing fires.
* Affected area:
- in northern CA, fire weather zone... .285.
- In south central or fire weather zones:
- southeastern portions of 624 south of Summer Lake, Sprague
River, and Merrill... 625.
- 625 south of Wagontire and Summer Lake.
* Wind: southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Relative humidity: 8 to 15 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at:
* a red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
* Strong wind and low relative humidity could cause any existing
or new fires to spread rapidly.
* One less spark, one less wildfire.
Visit US at www.Weather.Gov/Medford
307 am PDT sun Sep 15 2019
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 8 am this morning to
11 am PDT Monday for northern Washoe County and the Surprise
Valley of California...
* changes... none.
* Affected area... fire zone 270 Surprise Valley California and
fire zone 458 northern Washoe County.
* Winds... a strong cold front will bring southwest to west winds
of 15 to 30 mph with gusts 35 to 45 mph beginning this morning
and lasting into Monday.
* Humidity... minimum 6 to 14% this afternoon, with poor recovery
tonight. Minimum 12 to 22% early Monday.
* Duration... 6 to 12 hours. Localized mid slope locations may
see up to 18 hours.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.