... Red flag warning remains in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to
6 PM PDT Monday for Mono and eastern alpine counties...
... This is a particularly dangerous situation...
* changes... none.
* Affected area... fire zone 273 Mono and eastern alpine counties.
* Winds... .a strong cold front will bring southwest to west winds
of 15 to 30 mph with gusts between 35 and 45 mph starting this
afternoon and lasting into Monday. Wind gusts of 50 to 60 mph
are possible in wind prone areas.
* Humidity... minimum 6 to 14% this afternoon, with poor recovery
tonight. Minimum Monday 10 to 20%.
* Duration... 4-6 hours both today and Monday. Wind prone
locations could see 12 to 20 hours of red flag conditions,
including the overnight period.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
This is a particularly dangerous situation with extremely low
humidity and high winds. New fires will grow rapidly out of
control, in some cases people may not be able to evacuate safely
in time should a fire approach.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Mono Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:07 AM PDT Sep. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service