... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am Sunday to 8 PM PDT
Monday for Lake Tahoe...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a lake Wind
Advisory for Lake Tahoe, which is in effect from 11 am Sunday to
8 PM PDT Monday.
* Winds: southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 45 mph Sunday
afternoon and evening. Winds will lessen slightly overnight, but
will stay elevated at 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Then,
they will increase again to southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to
40 mph by early Monday morning.
* Wave heights: 1 to 4 feet, highest from Midlake to northeast
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to capsizing
and should remain off lake waters until conditions improve.
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Greater Lake Tahoe Area Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 2:19 PM PDT Sep. 14, 2019 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:07 AM PDT Sep. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
11 am PDT Monday for the greater Lake Tahoe area...
* changes... none.
* Affected area... fire zone 272 greater Lake Tahoe area.
* Winds... a strong cold front will bring southwest to west winds
of 15 to 30 mph with gusts 35 to 45 mph beginning Sunday
morning and lasting into Monday.
* Humidity... minimum 8 to 18% this afternoon, with poor recovery
tonight. Minimum 15 to 25% early Monday.
* Duration... 6 to 12 hours. Mid slope locations may see up to 18
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.