... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
11 am PDT Monday for the greater Lake Tahoe area...
* changes... none.
* Affected area... fire zone 272 greater Lake Tahoe area.
* Winds... a strong cold front will bring southwest to west winds
of 15 to 30 mph with gusts 35 to 45 mph beginning Sunday
morning and lasting into Monday.
* Humidity... minimum 8 to 18% this afternoon, with poor recovery
tonight. Minimum 15 to 25% early Monday.
* Duration... 6 to 12 hours. Mid slope locations may see up to 18
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:07 AM PDT Sep. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service
- Dutch Flat
- Emigrant Gap
- Gold Run
- Goodyears Bar
- Grizzly Flats
- Hathaway Pines
- Kit Carson
- Long Barn
- Mi Wuk Village
- Pollock Pines
- Sierra City
- Soda Springs
- South Lake Tahoe
- Strawberry Valley
- Twain Harte
- Twin Bridges